HR Strategic Priorities for the Period 2010 - 2013
Over the three year period 2010 - 2013, the HR team will help the University achieve its mission to become firmly positioned amongst the world's leading universities, recognised for the impact, excellence and distinctiveness of its graduates and research activities.
Our Strategic Priorities will be sufficiently flexible to respond to opportunities, changes and risks in both the external and internal environments. They will create a sense of belonging and will harness commitment and talent right across the University. Our priorities will:-
- promote and develop a culture of excellence, innovation, commitment and respect;
- provide an environment where all staff can excel, flourish and succeed;
- engender a strong sense of belonging and staff engagement;
- develop a motivated and diverse community which is inclusive at all levels;
- promote openness and transparency across the University;
- facilitate the achievement of the University´s academic mission;
- manage staff costs in line with University strategy.
To achieve the above, we will focus upon a number of key themes:
To support our Strategic Priorities, there will be a flexible planning document which will include set milestones and key performance indicators. Progress towards our Strategic Priorities will be reported through the HRM Committee to the University Council, and will be made available on the HR website.