Honorary Senior Research Fellow
The title Honorary Senior Research Fellow is equivalent in standing to Senior Research Fellow.
Contributes to departmental research or undertakes collaborative work with University staff that is equivalent in standing to a Senior Research Fellow.
Has a significant reputation in the field of research/expertise, responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate/maintain research activity of a substantial external reputation
- Generating research direction for self and others within research objectives
- Identifying funding sources, generating funding and preparing proposals
- Carrying out research; disseminating findings to the wider community through a high output of publications or contributions of exceptional quality
- Editing and refereeing manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Supervising research staff/students
- Participating actively in the development of the department/school/section’s research strategy
Recommendation from City College Thessaloniki, including a full CV, sent to the Department of Human Resources at the University of Sheffield. Each recommendation should be submitted on a completed Request for Award of Honorary Title form, (see downloads).
The title of Honorary Senior Research Fellow will be considered and approved by the by the Director of Research & Innovation of the faculty by which the award is requested.
The Department of Human Resources issues the letter of confirmation and terms and conditions of conferment (see Downloads). The conferment of the Title will only be valid when the letter has been issued. A copy of the letter of confirmation will be copied to the Director of Research & Innovation of the faculty by which the award is requested and to City College Thessaloniki.