Stay Active Olympic Challenge
As part of the Juice Everyday Health and Wellbeing initiative we would like to invite you to take part in the Stay Active Olympic Challenge, which is a fun and engaging way to encourage us to become more active on a daily basis.
The Stay Active Challenge™ challenges people, in teams of 5, to be more active during daily life. While most activity programs focus on sports or a certain exercise regime, this emphasises incorporating small bursts of activity into your everyday life. It could be as simple as swapping the lift for the stairs, walking the kids to school once a week, or getting off the bus one stop earlier. And it’s likely that these new habits will easily become part of your daily routine once you’ve made the commitment to live a healthier, more active lifestyle.
This special event which starts on 27th July, the same day as the London 2012 opening ceremony, and runs for 11 weeks, combines modern technology, and healthy competition to provide a fantastically innovative way for us to get healthier and have some fun along the way, with participants being challenged to increase their daily activity levels and the winners being awarded the title of The Most Active Organisation 2012!
Who is it for?
• Absolutely anyone can take part (no fitness required)
• It’s a completely level playing field; the monitor standardises all team members – it’s the increase in activity from the team’s initial baseline that matters.
How does it work?
• Participants are given an Activity Monitor (that you keep in your pocket or clip to a belt etc) that accurately tracks how much energy is burned during the day’s activities
• The monitor uses advanced 3D-accelerometer technology to accurately measure everything from walking to cycling or taking the stairs; all small bursts of activity count.
• Participants are challenged to increase their daily activity levels and burn as many calories as possible over the 11 week period
If you require further information please visit: www.stayactivechallenge.com