Scanning direct to Email – Sharp MFP
You can scan images directly to your inbox, which are pdf by default. There will be no charge for using this service.
To scan on a Sharp MFP you should place the original face down on the glass plate. The MFP will scan your original and then send you the electronic version (pdf) by email.
- Log on using your U-Card in the normal way
- Tap the ‘Image Send’ button on the touch screen
- Tap on 'Address Book'
- Tap the 'Global Address Search' button
- Enter your username and tap the 'Search' button
- Your email address will be displayed, tap it to select it then press the ‘To’ button
You can also add these (optional) details: message subject, message text and the attached file name.
- Press ‘Address Review’ to confirm the send to address, and tap ‘ok
- Tap ‘Subject’ and ‘Direct Entry’
- Type in a subject name and press ‘ok’
- Repeat the process for the message text and attachment file name.
An original on the glass plate will be scanned. To scan a second sheet place it on the glass plate and tap the Start button again. Each sheet will be scanned and appended to the same file.
- To begin the Scan to Email, press the main START/COPY button
- When all sheets have been scanned tap the 'Read End’ button.
- The digital version of the document will then be sent to your email address
- Press LOGOUT when you have finished.
Further help is available from staff in the IC and all Libraries if required.