Faculty of Social Sciences
Welcome to the Jessop West Green Impact information page
The Department of History, the School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics, School of Modern Languages and the Faculty Office have combined forces to promote green practices and achieved Silver Standard at the Green Impact Award Ceremony held March 2011.
We will continue to work to achieve improvements in environmental practice and performance within the Jessop West Building, as part of the University’s Green Impact Scheme
You can find out more about the Green Impact Scheme by logging on to
This page will be regularly updated to give you news about environmental activities and initiatives within the building. We also want to develop as a source of advice about a range of environmental friendly actions which teams and individuals can take at work and outside.
Your suggestions and questions
If you would like to give your suggestions and ideas about how we could become more ‘green’ within Jessop West please email:email@example.com
You are also welcome to join and contribute to the Faculty’s Green Impact Team uSpace site.
Did you know?
Your Green Impact Scheme Team
- Dr Amanda Power (Department of History)
- Emma Bradley (School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics)
- Dr Audrey Small (School of Modern Languages and Linguistics)
- Valerie Cotter (Faculty Office)
- Sue Hubbard (Faculty Office)
- Mark Harrison (Building Assistant)(ACS)
We encourage visitors to get to the University by public transport. Jessop West is well served by bus and tram connections, located just beside the University of Sheffield tram stop. You can plan your route by going to www.shef.ac.uk/environment/transport/pubtransport
- Discounted travel passes: very good savings for staff
- Car share scheme:we have our own group and are about to join forces with Hallam and Hallamshire Hospital to improve chances of finding a match
- Car club: quote STU301 to claim the student discount or UOS301 to claim the staff discount
- Journey planner