Training and Development
There is a wide variety of development available to staff to support their well-being ranging from facilitated courses, to e-learning and web-based support.
- These courses are provided through the Staff Development programme. The programme will be published in January each year and access to it can be gained by clicking on the button to the right. Development courses on offer typically include, Stress Management, Time Management, Confident Communication, Dealing with Difficult People etc.
- This course will help to improve employee morale and develop employee potential by showing you how to spot potential pressure points in your working day, and arming you with the techniques to handle them. The content and structure of this course has been planned to give you the power to turn workplace stress into positive energy.
It's About Time
- 'It’s About Time' shows how to focus on what is important and urgent at the right time, and devote quality time to each task. Both content and structure have been designed to give staff the knowledge and skills they need to manage their workload more effectively.
- A set of management guides have been written to support managers in a number of different situations including; managing meetings, managing time, how to motivate people, how to communicate. Whilst these have been written with managers in mind, they are also useful guides for those who aren’t managers. Click the link on the right to find out more information about the guides.
- An SRDS information briefing is available on line. This briefing has been designed to offer clear information about the purpose and benefits of the scheme as well as providing some advice and guidance on participating in it. Click the link on the right for more information.
How to book
To find out more about any of these courses please visit the Staff Development web pages via the link on the right hand side.