Research and Knowledge TransferThe Department of Landscape is a major research centre for landscape and environmental planning and design.
International RecognitionThe international standing of the Department was recognised in the profile awarded in the 2008 UK Government Research Assessment Exercise. This showed 75% of our work as being `internationally outstanding or excellent´, and the remaining 25% being `internationally recognised´.
Social Sciences Doctoral Training Centre (DTC)A radically different approach to PhD study in the social sciences. Click here for more information:
Research AreasResearch undertaken by individual staff covers a diversity of areas. The strength of the department lies in interdisciplinary working that cuts across traditional academic boundaries. Research is organised around:
- Urban ecological landscape design and management
- Planning and management of rural and peri-urban landscapes
- Human interaction with landscapes
- Landscape Architecture design theory