Our research and practice fuel a dynamic and innovative learning environment where our investigations, discoveries and experience become yours. Essential critical and analytical skills are gained as the course develops.
- Academic content is multidisciplinary, with a strong international focus, and plenty of options are available alongside the core subjects. This allows students to develop the specialisms and interests that enrich learning and improve employability.
- For all our Qualifying Law Degrees, there is the opportunity to study a year abroad. In Sheffield, having students from Europe and further afield enriches opportunities for all to study law and criminal justice from a global perspective.
- The School offers a wide diversity of learning environments including group project work, inquiry based learning, e-learning and completing your own research and personal feedback - all essential skills in the world of work.
- Opportunities for learning experiences beyond formal teaching include FreeLaw (probono) voluntary work, seminars given by professionals from law, criminal justice and academia, community involvement, mooting, work on miscarriages of justice, the Sheffield Volunteer Scheme and other projects to help you build a valuable CV.
There is always someone to help you at the School of Law - we have academic and support staff who understand and are well equipped to deal with the kinds of worries and experiences students have.
- You will have an academic who will act as a Personal Tutor to support you throughout your course, especially if you have any personal problems that affect your study.
- In the School of Law all academic staff offer office time each week, for 'drop-in' advice when you need support, whether academic or personal.
- Communication is very important to us and the School of Law uses information technology to keep in touch with you, and provide you with all the information you need. As electronic information retrieval and production are vital skills for the contemporary work environment, all students are given the opportunity to expand and perfect their skills.
- Our community provides our students with the ability to support each other; work with staff in group work, become ambassadors and outreach volunteers and, more than anything make friends who will stay close and supportive for life.