2013 MSc Scholarships
A range of scholarships are available for Masters students within the Management School. Alumni of the University are entitled to a scholarship of £1000 (reduction in fee charged) if they choose to remain at the University to study for a Masters programme.
2013 MSc scholarship for University of Sheffield undergraduates
A £1000 scholarship is awarded to applicants who hold a University of Sheffield undergraduate degree. The general eligibility requirements are:
- Academic requirements – applicants should have an undergraduate degree awarded by the University of Sheffield.
- Allowed study options – applicants should have received an offer from the University to study on one of the full-time MSc programmes.
Closing Date: Start of academic year 2013. The scholarship will be automatically awarded to all students who are eligible for a scholarship and have accepted their offer before the closing date.
The scholarship will only be valid when the student has accepted an unconditional offer to study on the MSc programme the student has applied for. The scholarship will be void when the student fails to register for the 2013 intake on the MSc programme the student has applied for.
2013 MSc scholarships
Ten scholarships valued £5000 each are available for applicants from:
- US/South America - 2 Scholarships
- Asia/Pacific - 2 Scholarships
- EU - 2 Scholarships
- UK - 2 Scholarships
- Africa/Middle East - 2 Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded on merit. The general eligibility requirements are:
- Academic requirements – applicants should have a first or upper second class UK honours degree, or equivalent.
- Allowed study options – applicants should have received at least a conditional offer from the University to study on one of the full-time MSc programmes.
- Personal criteria – applicants must have the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary to make an excellent contribution to the programme.
Closing Date: 31 May 2013. All students who are eligible for a scholarship and have accepted their offer before the closing date will be automatically considered.
The student who is considered to be the most outstanding as decided by a committee consisting of the Postgraduate Admissions Director, one of the School’s Admissions Tutors and one of the MSc programme directors will be awarded the scholarship.
The students to whom a scholarship will be awarded will receive notification before 31 July 2013. The scholarship will only be valid when the student has met all entry requirements for the MSc programme the student has applied for. The scholarship will be void when the student fails to register for the 2013 intake on the MSc programme the student has applied for.
UK Santander Postgraduate Management Scholarship 2013 (for UK students)
- There is one University of Sheffield Santander Postgraduate Management Scholarship for a Home fee paying Management School new entrant in 2013. This scholarship will take the form of a £3,000 tuition fee reduction for one year only. For part-time students this will be split over the duration of the course. The University of Sheffield Santander Postgraduate Management Scholarship 2013 will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and a short personal statement demonstrating an interest and passion in enterprise and entrepreneurship.
Koh Stevenson Scholarships
- Three scholarships worth £1000 each are available to students wishing to study for an MSc in Logistics & Supply Chain Management. The awards are intended to enable students from poorer backgrounds but with excellent academic qualifications to study at the University of Sheffield Management School. Successful applicants who are also alumni of the University are entitled to an additional £1000 so receive a scholarship valued at £2000.
More international postgraduate scholarships
- A range of postgraduate scholarships are available to students from India. Find out more at:
- Additional scholarships are available for international students. Find out more at:
How to apply
All applicants who have been made a conditional or unconditional offer will be sent an email inviting them to apply for the relevant scholarship. The email will outline all scholarships that the applicant is eligible to apply for.