Why choose Sheffield?
It’s a world-class University
Sheffield is a truly international environment with over 24,000 students from over 131 countries. We are one of the best universities in the world.
Great academic reputation
- The University is rated 10th in the UK, 28th in Europe and 88th in the world in the annual academic ranking of the top 500 universities worldwide
- The QS World University rankings rate Sheffield at 72nd in 2011, moving up from 82nd in 2009.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2011-2 position the University at 13th in the UK, 32nd in Europe and 101st in the world.
- The Sunday Times University Guide 2012 lists Sheffield at 13th in the UK, moving up from 15th in 2010, and 18th in 2009. This league table is drawn up from criteria including student satisfaction, teaching and research quality, degree results achieved, student-staff ratios and graduate unemployment levels.
- The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey ranks Sheffield as second overall in the country. It was also named top for its Student’s Union, joint first for its social life, library facilities and accommodation and the ‘University most people would recommend to a friend’.
- Sheffield is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of 19 leading UK Universities.
- Teaching quality assessments rate our teaching very highly across a wide range of subjects, and official research assessments confirm our reputation as a centre for world-class research in many disciplines.
- Sheffield was listed in the top ten for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2011.
High quality teaching and learning. A focus on practical skills to transform your career.
- The University of Sheffield is recognised as one of the top 150 institutions in the world in terms of employability.**
- Of the World's approximately 14000 business Schools, only 58 have earned accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA, we are one of these schools
- Professional accreditation from CIPD, CIM, CMI, IC and BPS.
- The Management School was ranked at joint 16th in the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (December 2008). 95% of the research in the department was judged to be of international quality.
- Employment record. In our most recent graduate survey, 97% of our UK graduates were in employment within six months of qualifying.
- The School is accredited by EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) which recognises academic quality, an integrated international approach and a well-developed business engagement strategy.
*(Shanghai Jiao Tong, August 2010)
**New York Times annual review of Business Leaders - 20 October 2011