Location and contact details
Academic Clinical Psychiatry is situated within the The Longley Centre (formerly the Psychiatric Unit) that lies on the periphery of the Northern General Site. Easy access is gained from the M1 motorway, leaving any of the junctions between 35-36 and following the signs to the Northern General Hospital.
- Academic Clinical Psychiatry
The Longley Centre
Norwood Grange Drive
- Fax: 0114 2226250
- Contact details for individual staff
How to get here
- The main entrance to the centre is adjacent to the car park off Norwood Grange Drive (see map below). Disabled access is available via a ramp.
- The entrance to the Academic Department is to the right of the main corridor, and has an intercom system for access.
- Click on the map for a printable higher-resolution version.
- It is recommended that you use the A6102 Herries Road. Turn off at Longley Lane and then turn first right down Norwood Grange Drive. The Centre and its car parks are well signposted. You will need permission to park in the Longley Centre car park. Alternatively, pay & display car parks are available close to the Herries Road entrance to the Northern General Hospital site.
By public transport
- The Herries Road side of the Northern General site is served by the 20, 20A, 87, 97 and 98 buses. The cost will be around £1.95, and the journey from Arundel Gate (by the Crucible Theatre) takes around 25 minutes.
Click here for public transport timetables from SYPTE.
- Alternatively, a taxi from the city centre to the Northern General Hospital costs around £6.