BA German and Politics
The dual degree in German and Politics is a four year course which provides the opportunity to study a wide range of theories related to contemporary issues, political theory and the discipline of political studies, alongside the language, society, literature and thought of Germany.
The course provides an opportunity to understand, speak and write a very high standard of German, as well as the study of modern German society, culture and history. Our students gain a range of personal transferable skills, including communication and presentation skills, working in groups, writing reports and essage, gathering information and planning projects. Our aim is to equip our graduates with the qualities for which employers in all sectors are expressing need: namely, a high level of linguistic proficiency together with a professional, flexible expertise and broadly based knowledge and understanding enabling them to operate and feel at home in the interconnected cultures of today's Europe.
- One core Politics option worth 20 credits (POL113 Introduction to Political Analysis) and two further Politics options worth 20 credits each
- Two core language modules worth 40 credits
- Unrestricted modules worth 20 credits. These can be in Politics or any other subject.
- One core module in Politics worth 20 credits (POL229 Political Analysis: Research Design and Data Analysis)
- Two option modules in Politics worth 40 credits
- Four core language modules worth 40 credits
- Option language modules worth 20 credits
- One core module in Politics worth 20 credits (POL3018 Advanced Political Analysis)
- One of the following options worth 40 credits:
One Politics module with the associated project module
A Dissertation in Politics:
POL3017 Dissertation in Politics
POL3104 Dissertation in Political Analysis
POL3103 Work Based Learning Dissertation
- Two core language modules worth 20 credits
- Option language modules worth 40 credits
UCAS Code: RL22
Duration: Four years full time, starting in September.
Entry requirements: Details
Fees and funding: Details
If there's a question you can't find an answer to, please get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Our contact details