EuroPubHealth (ERASMUS MUNDUS European Masters Programme in Public Health)
Programme Director - Professor Paul Bissell
This Public Health Masters programme has been awarded the prestigious ERASMUS MUNDUS badge of excellence. Based on the model of our highly successful 1 year Master in Public Health (MPH), the University of Sheffield is part of a consortium of European institutions offering an integrated 2 year Public Health training programme called Europubhealth. The institutions involved in the programme are counted amongst the foremost providers of Public Health education internationally:
- Denmark : University of Copenhagen (Copenhagen)
- Spain : Andalucian School of Public Health (Granada)
- Poland : Jagiellonian University of Krakow (Krakow)
- France : National School of Public Health (Rennes)
- France : University of Rennes 1 (Rennes)
- United Kingdom : University of Sheffield (Sheffield)
Europubhealth is based on the Bologna model (LINK) of a 2 year, 180 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) Masters Programme. In Year 1, students receive training in the essentials of Public Health and this takes place in either here in Sheffield (English) or Granada (Spanish). In Year 2, students specialise in an area of public health practice in Denmark, Spain, Poland or France. The specialisation areas offered are:
- "Quantitative assessment in Public Health", at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark (language of tuition is English).
- "Health Management", at the Andalucian School of Public Health, Spain (language of tuition is Spanish)
- "Quality Improvement", at the Andalucian School of Public Health, Spain (language of tuition is Spanish)
- "Health Economics and Governance of Health Systems" at the Jagiellonian University of Krakow, Poland (language of tuition is English)
- "Environmental and Occupational Health" at the National School of Public Health, France (language of tuition is English)
- "Environmental Health" at the National School of Public Health, France (language of tuition is French)
- "Law, health and ethics" at the University of Rennes 1, France (language of tuition is French)
In addition to receiving the basic acquisition and specialist training, all students on the programme come together for two periods of joint study. At the end of Year 1, students attend a 4 week Global Public Health module in Rennes. At the end of Year 2, students reconvene in Rennes in order to discuss and present some of the results from their programme of study. On successful completion of the programme, students receive two awards, a Master of Public Health from the University attended in Year 1 and a Master of Public Health from the University attended in Year 2. Based on the experience and excellence of these six European institutions that provide high quality and fully recognised academic training in public health, Europubhealth offers real European added-value.
Erasmus Mundus Studentships – Funding opportunity!
The deadline for applications for these granted places for overseas students is usually towards the end of October, for EU students it is typically in February/March. Of course, self-funding UK and EU students or students funded through other sources are very welcome to apply (however, we only accept a very small number of overseas self-funding students).