The Student Transitions and Support team provide support, information and guidance with a particular focus on mature, commuter and under-represented groups. The team also develop and deliver induction, transition and retention initiatives for students.
The team have responsiblity for:
- Sheffield Mentors - Peer mentoring scheme for new students
- The University's Intro Week Programme
- Support of non-traditional students (including mature students, commuters, Care Leavers)
- The co-ordination of the Harassment and Bullying Support Network
- Information for Parents
- The Academic Diary and Student Handbook