The Admissions Service is responsible for the management of admissions policy and procedures for undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, and alternative routes and programmes (for example visiting students, ERASMUS, Continuing Professional Development).
We deliver a range of admissions activities aimed at supporting both academic departments and applicants.
Our key responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing the University's Student Admissions Policy and Procedures
- Providing advice and support for enquirers and applicants through the University's Applicant Information Desk (AiD)
- Providing advice and support to academic departments (including guidance on quotas, offer management, qualifications, policies and procedures, national admissions developments and contextual data)
- Assessing applications and making offers
- Processing applications
- Developing and providing admissions management information
- Working in partnership to develop and manage effective systems for admissions
- Providing effective training for staff involved in admissions activities
- Managing undergraduate Confirmation, Adjustment and Clearing activity
For further information for staff, please visit: www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssd/admissions