The International Office is responsible for central international student recruitment activities undertaken on behalf of the whole University.
We deliver a range of activities aimed at generating enquiries and applications from suitably qualified students around the world and supporting conversion from academic offer to registration. We also provide advice to academic departments on key markets and on good practice in international student recruitment.
Our key responsibilities include:
- Managing a programme of overseas visits including education fairs and individual prospective student counselling
- Working with feeder schools and colleges including pathway programme providers in the UK and overseas (e.g. Sheffield International College, Northern Consortium UK)
- Managing relations with a network of overseas student recruitment agents
- Liaising with overseas sponsor organisations
- Liaising with influencers such as the British Council, guidance counsellors and careers advisors
- Handling prospective student enquiries at all stages of the student recruitment cycle
- Providing information for prospective international students, tailored to specific countries, via the web
- Managing a central conversion campaign involving international student ambassadors
- Providing advice on key recruitment markets including education systems, qualifications, quality of local education institutions, student funding sources
For more information, please see our staff pages: